Thursday, September 15, 2016

The rest of July

Hello there! It's been awhile. And yes, I seem to be starting out all my blog posts this way lately. So, since my last post, we've been busy. We went to the lake with some friends in July.
And Trotwood held a baby alligator at a petting zoo
Oh, and we dropped in at the Arkansas Treasurer of State where the boys each got to hold $450,000 in cash. Don't they look excited?


We celebrated two birthdays in July: Mr. Rochester's and Trotwood's birthdays. For Mr. Rochester's birthday, we went to a concert and I made a pear almond cake
And one of my very favorite pictures happened around this time - I just love all the smiles in this photo. 

On Trotwood's birthday, we always celebrate with balloons! He loves it and I'm thinking we are probably going to have to implement this tradition for Little Dorrit's birthdays. 


For his cake, Trotwood requested a vanilla cake with strawberry filling. I tried using a Swiss meringue buttercream for the first time and it turned out okay. I still need to experiment with more meringue buttercreams...and just cake in general. 
So that's pretty much our July! I'll do a large post for August next just so we can try and get caught up here. 

No comments: