Thursday, October 29, 2015

The Pumpkin Patch

I've been meaning to post about these photos for the last few weeks. It seems my blogging habits are falling at the very beginning and end of each month. On October 17th, we had a full day of fun going to the pumpkin patch and visiting with friends. It was a little chilly to be visiting a pumpkin patch but sometimes I feel like our weekends get so busy I wanted to make sure we would be able to take the kids. Trotwood absolutely loved going on the hay ride, running around the grass maze, and picking out pumpkins. Little Dorrit just likes to go places and watch everything that's going on. If I'd planned more in advance, I would have brought our nice camera and tried to get some better photos burns think our impromptu iPhone photos turned out okay. 


We carved the pumpkins for our family home even in activity. Carving pumpkins is actually not one of my favorite activities but Trotwood just loves it. I think I feel the same way about dyeing eggs...probably because of the mess. But I do love that he wants to do all of these things and I hope he will have good memories of these activities. So, we carved the pumpkins and put them on the porch and for the last week and a half I've been telling myself I'm going to get a picture of all of the pumpkins lit up at night. Well, I still haven't done it and now they are starting to mold. Maybe next year.


No comments: