Tuesday, September 1, 2015

Just the way he is...

This morning, I took Trotwood to a doctor's appointment and on the way to the appointment, he shared some of his thoughts with me. The thing that was troubling him the most this morning was that he was confused about who made Ultron because in the Avengers cartoon, Ant Man made Ultron but in the Earth's Mightiest Heroes cartoon, Tony Stark made Ultron. So, who really made Ultron? As I didn't have the answer, I just smiled and told him, I didn't know but we could find out. I texted this little bit to Mr. Rochester who replied by saying "Maybe we are doing something right as parents if those are the sort of problems/concerns our child has." Gosh, I hope so! Parenting is tough and I often feel like I'm doing it all wrong. It is my hope that Trotwood has a few more years of just having these types of concerns that trouble him the most. 

I love this little boy so much and want to remember him just the way he is right now with his innocent questions and the joy he finds from little things in life. Today, he marveled at photos of caterpillars and spiders and we read "The Dark" by Lemony Snicket before bedtime. When we finished he said, "I liked that book! I want to talk to the dark but I don't know if it will talk back." Today's clothing ensemble of choice for our big 6 year old boy consisted of: Spider-Man shoes, Spider-Man backpack, Batman lunchbox, Thor t-shirt, Batman hoodie, and more than likely Pokemon undies (although these were never actually verified but it was either that, Avengers, or Skylanders). I am so grateful to have this wonderfully sweet boy in my life just the way he is.

No comments: