Sunday, March 1, 2015

Lately

Well, it seems February flew by and I only wrote two blog posts the entire month. I guess that pretty much sums up our lives at the moment - each day (ha! and night) has been full of taking care of babies - five year old and five month old ones. Little Dorrit hit her five month mark last month. Although we've only been home from the hospital with her for almost two months now, it kind of seems like it has been forever. Mr. Rochester and I are getting more adjusted to her routine at home while taking her to her many medical appointments. Thankfully, her physical, occupational, and speech therapies will all be done at our home so that is one less place that we  need to take her. We, hopefully, will only need to travel to Little Rock every few months. 

A few weeks ago, I took Little Dorrit to Little Rock for her eye exam under general anesthesia with an oculoplastics ophthalmologist. In reality, I guess that went okay. After the appointment, I was really frustrated again, but this time, I realized I was mainly upset because I wanted someone to tell me something different about her eye, and also to tell me more about what happened to her right eye and it just doesn't seem like anyone can. Back in December, I really felt like maybe there would be hope for her to see out of her right eye if we acted quickly enough but now, it seems like there is just no hope in that area. And I guess, I just need to accept it. I think I go through phases of accepting and not accepting it. Really, I should just focus on that fact that she can see just fine out of her left eye. The oculoplastics doctor said that her right eye is a good size and we shouldn't need to remove it. So, that's good. 

Trotwood seems to be doing okay with everything. Honestly, I think he is enjoying having a sibling and Little Dorrit loves to just watch or interact with him. Trotwood always wants to be near her and the photo above is of the two of them snuggling in Trotwood's bed. Most of the time, he's just sweet to her. Mr. Rochester and I are doing okay. We are still trying to figure everything out with school and work and what is best for our family. It would be nice if there were easy answers to all of our difficult questions, but I still have hope it will all work out somehow. 

1 comment:

Kristina and Eric said...

Precious. Sibling love is the best. Hang in there.