Saturday, December 6, 2014

Progress

So hard to leave this sweet face today. This afternoon, I left St. Louis to go home and see my boys in Arkansas for a few days and sleep in my own bed. Little Dorrit is doing well since her surgeries. We still don't have a discharge date from the hospital but I keep hoping she will be well enough and that we will have all of her care needs at home worked out soon so she can spend the Christmas holiday with us at home. I just think it would be nice to try to start having a normalish life again. We are so grateful for the progress she has been making! Some of the nurses that have taken care of her for the last few months refer to her as the NICU's miracle baby because she has overcome so much so quickly. We keep hoping for more miracles!




6 comments:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I just love seeing pictures of her face (especially without any tubes, etc). What a sweet baby. Fingers crossed for a Christmas reunion!

Jani said...

That face!!! She is just the sweetest miracle baby ever.

Jenny said...

So sweet! Alex and I loved seeing the photo and hope that she comes home for Christmas! What a special gift that will be.

Amber T said...

I just love her! And all of you!

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

She is a miracle in so many sweet ways!!!

Nonnie Light said...

What a beautiful little face. I hope and pray your wish comes true.