Sunday, November 2, 2014

Something new

I meant to post this yesterday - here are some photos of our little Supergirl!
The nurses had to make a few cuts to her costume to get it on her and accommodate all of her tubes and wires but they did it! I'm so glad we have some pictures of her first Halloween! We sure think with all the fighting she continues to do that she is a superhero fighting illness one malady at a time.

This weekend, Mr. Rochester and I are trying something new. When we brought Trotwood with us last weekend, we had our hands full with him although we were all glad to be together. It was difficult to try to keep him entertained at the hospital and also visit with Little Dorrit. Really, there is only so much sitting in a hospital room a five year old can do (even with video games). So, this weekend, I came up to St. Louis with my mom and Mr. Rochester and Trotwood stayed home. I'm planning on staying all week. My mom will leave in the middle of the week and Mr. Rochester and Trotwood will come get me on the weekend. This is our first time trying this out where we are all split up and I'm thinking this may end up being the best way to do things, especially so Trotwood can get back to having a little more parental stability in his life. The only problem with continuing this pattern of being split up is that we only have one car. We've been a one car family since 2006 and we've made it work all these years. With this new adventure in our lives now, I think we  will have to seriously consider getting another car, which is something that will allow us more flexibility in our schedules but is definitely not an added expense I am excited about. So, we'll see how this new arrangement works out this week before making any major decisions.

8 comments:

Jani said...

Cutest little Supergirl ever! We were a one-car family until Bailey was five, it was a tough one financially for us too. Love to all as always. :)

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Hurray for super girl!!!

Mary said...

She looks so darling!!! She is Supergirl!!!

Kristina and Eric said...

Love the pictures

N2HIM said...

AWWW! She's so cute!!!!

Angie

Kelly said...

Oh my goodness she looks adorable in her Supergirl costume!!! I just love it! I hope this week goes well for you all. It was great to see Eddie and Elijah on the pew in front of us yesterday. I wish I could help somehow with the car situation. Good luck! I think about you all the time. It was great to see you the other day. We are always praying for your sweet superhero. She's awesome.

Jenny said...

She really is a super girl with a super mom, super dad, and super big brother! Hope you all have a good week. I'm happy that your mom could be there with you.

Julie said...

So adorable! Love what a tough little girl she is. We had to buy a second car a little over two years ago. We found a cheap beater and it has done wonderfully! (knock on wood) hate those hard decisions.