Thursday, November 20, 2014

Quiet

I know the blog has been quieter lately. We have not been with Little Dorrit since Friday but we do receive daily updates from her nurses and sometimes even  photos from her nurse practitioners. She is doing so much better than she was just even a few weeks ago. A few days ago, she began receiving breast milk again and the hope is to transition her from the special formula back to breast milk completely. So far, there has been no sign of a return of the pleural effusion. Hooray! She still needs to learn how to eat again and unfortunately she has not shown much interest in her pacifier or in using a bottle since her initial tastings a week or so ago. I am hoping that when we can take her home that she will not have to come home with a feeding tube in her belly which will probably happen if she does not show signs of wanting to eat. I feel mostly recovered from my cold and we are heading back to see Little Dorrit in the morning. Thank you all for your love, support, and prayers!

9 comments:

Kelly said...

I'm so glad you are feeling better and get to go back up there. It's wonderful she is still progressing so well. We are always praying for you all. Have a good weekend!

Kel said...

Have a safe journey. I can understand hoping that she won't come home with a feeding tube, and I hope with you that she can continue tolerate feedings. On the other hand, if she comes home with medical equipment attached, you'll learn what to do in no time. If the feeding tube is necessary, I can refer you to some great support groups. It's amazing to hear about her progress. I wish you all the blessings of the universe.

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

Take that baby to her Meme! Meme is a pacifier miracle worker....I'm sure you remember Erica and her memo!! LOL

Cormorant said...

(I guess the comment I posted earlier this week has since disappeared.) I'm so happy LD has been steadily improving! She is so beautiful and I loved the smiling picture! Keep going. I hope your cold recovers quickly so you can spend more time with your cute girl. Thank you for posting updates; I love hearing your thoughts. We are still hoping and praying for you all! Xoxo

Jim said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Aria said...

Lol I DO remember Erica's memo! Maybe Meme can work her magic for us too!

Aria said...

I never saw your first comment but I am so glad to see your comments! It helps me feel more connected to you - I hope you guys are all doing well! *hugs*

Aria said...

Thanks for the encouraging words! I think the initial thought of the medical equipment is just a bit overwhelming but you're right, we will hopefully get used to using it very quickly. I would love the information on the support groups! As always, Kelly, it is wonderful to hear from you!

Aria said...

Thanks, Kelly! I'm so glad we can just talk. We love you and your family!