Sunday, November 30, 2014

One week

It has been a week since my last post. We spent that week together in our home and I think it was good for us, especially Trotwood. This whole experience of having a new baby that is in the NICU has been hard on all of us but I feel like it has been especially hard on Trotwood. For the first few weeks of Little Dorrit's life,Trotwood stayed with friends and family off and on and then we were with him during the week and away on weekends. Because of changes in his behavior throughout all of this, Mr. Rochester and I decided we needed to be with him more, despite the difficulty of keeping an active five year old entertained at the hospital. So, now, we either all come up to St. Louis together or only one of us does so the other parent can be at home with Trotwood. A wonderful and generous friend and home teacher is letting us borrow a car temporarily so yesterday I drove up to St. Louis and Mr. Rochester and Trotwood will have another "boys week" together. We are hoping Trotwood's behavior will start to improve at school as we've seen a vast improvement at home these last two weeks. Little Dorrit is doing well and I'll write a longer update on her tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't imagine the tug-of-war your hearts are having to endure. Lots of love and prayers coming your way.

-Caley

Kel said...

I kept thinking about that while B was in the hospital.... what if I had another / other kid(s)? I know it happens to people all the time, yet I couldn't imagine the balancing act. Good for you recognizing both needs. Much love to you all as you continue to adjust to your new "normal."