Saturday, November 8, 2014

Holding steady

Mr. Rochester and Trotwood came up to St. Louis this weekend. The plan for next week is for Mr. Rochester to stay the week with Little Dorrit and Trotwood and I will return to Fayetteville and come back up on Friday to get him. So far, Little Dorrit is holding steady still with no sign of any more pleural effusions. I am trying not to worry too much about these coming back but I just feel paranoid about it. Her nasal cannula flow has been reduced to 3 liters per minute and she seems much more comfortable now that the chest tube is out. She also seems to have adjusted to the decrease in morphine. Hopefully, as she is weaned more off of the morphine, she won't have such a strong reaction as she did before. Oh, and she's back in a big girl crib. Hooray!

Mr. Rochester got to spend some time holding Little Dorrit and Trotwood had nothing but love for her. When he saw his daddy holding the baby, he said, "I wish I could hold her!" We told him he might be able to hold her with one of us at some point and he seemed ok with that (and a bit nervous about it too). She is just attached to so many wires still.
Trotwood was so sweet to Little Dorrit. He kept stroking her head and would try to capture her attention by making faces and waving toys in front of her. At one point, we thought we saw her smile when Trotwood was talking to her in a funny voice but she was also working on filling her diaper so...who knows? When I changed her diaper, she started crying and Trotwood would tell her, "It's okay little baby." My heart was so happy to see him finally be able to interact with one of his siblings. He loved it. And so did I.

10 comments:

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

I know your heart is so happy! Mine is. Thank you for posting. They're all so beautiful together

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Oh! These pictures of your two little ones and your description is just the sweetest thing!!! Drive safely. Love you.

Mary said...

I Love, Love, Love this!! Keeping you in our thoughts and prayers always!!

Aunt Sarah said...

My heart just melted into a puddle. It can't get cuter than this!

Joeby said...

This is so precious! Thank you so much for sharing. Prayers are with you all! Love you.

Jenny said...

The photo of the two of them together is so special! What a great big brother. Loved seeing it.

Jani said...

How great that big brother gets to play with his baby sister! She is a miracle baby. :)

Kelly said...

Oh this was the sweetest post! I loved hearing about Trotwood with his sister. So sweet! I love the picture of them looking at each other. I'm so happy to hear she is still progressing well. We are still praying!

Kelly said...

Also I love the picture of Mr Rochester and both kids!!! Wonderful!

Nonnie Light said...

Beautiful!