Monday, October 27, 2014

Awake

We got home from St. Louis last night. Most of the time we were able to visit with Little Dorrit, she was asleep. Today, one of her nurses sent me this photo of her awake with her eyes open. I just love it! The swelling in her face has gone down so much.
Tomorrow Little Dorrit has an MRI scheduled to image her chest and abdomen. Hopefully, this will give us a better idea of what is happening with her lymphatic system. We are hoping and trying to stay positive about this. One of her nurse practitioners told me today that she could no longer see the pleural effusion on Little Dorrit's chest x-ray. That is good news, however, it doesn't mean it is completely gone. We are hoping it diminishes soon and stays gone. As of yesterday, Littke Dorrit is breathing "room air" although she is still on her ventilator for the air pressure (which they are going to slowly wean down). 

9 comments:

Corky and Teresa Light said...

Good to hear! Continued prayers for your sweet little girl, you and your family.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Oh, those eyes!!

Jani said...

Her picture filled the whole screen of my phone when I opened my blog reader tonight--love it!!!!!

Cormorant said...

What a beautiful babe! I love seeing her eyes! I'm sorry things have been regressing lately, and I know there are still a lot of unknowns, but she is moving along slowly. How great that her swelling is diminishing! How fun to see her awake and alert! So many joyful things happening amid her difficulties. We are sending lots and lots of love and prayers!

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

Oh My Goodness!!! She looks like your precious baby boy (whose blog name i forget right now)!! LOL
She is SO beautiful!!! She is lucky to have a mommy and daddy who are researching and learning right along with her doctors. What a wonderful surprise to receive this picture! Love to all of you!

Joeby said...

She is so beautiful! So thoughtful of the nurse to send you pictures. Love to all!

Anonymous said...

What a gorgeous baby! Thank you for all the updates, I am keeping her in my prayers.

Jenny said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Jenny said...

Loved seeing the photo. She's precious and beautiful! Hoping for lots and lots of big steps forward from here on out.