Saturday, October 18, 2014

A feeling of normalcy

For a few hours today, our life almost felt normal despite spending the majority of our day with our sick baby in the NICU. I got told hold Little Dorrit for about two hours while sitting in a recliner in her room. She slept in my arms. I put my feet up and dozed with her. Then, she and Mr. Rochester also did the same thing for about an hour. During this whole time, I don't recall a single alarm going off in her room. It just felt...normal. And it was nice.

Around noon today, Litte Dorrit had the procedure to drain the fluid in the space around her lungs. She did fine and they removed 140 ml which is a lot of fluid, especially considering that 120 ml was removed just two days ago, and she's a baby. In the morning, she will get another chest x-ray to see if any more fluid has reaccumulated. If all goes well, she should be getting an MRI on Monday or Tuesday.


4 comments:

Kelly said...

These pictures make my heart happy!

Jani said...

The photo of you holding your little sweetie is so beautiful. Love this.

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

Love these beautiful pictures

Jenny said...

Thanks for sharing the photos. I like to imagine you looking back on them some time in the future when little Dorrit is at home happy and healthy, and this all seems like a distant memory!