Saturday, September 20, 2014

Stability

Little Dorrit has remained stable on her oscillator today. Yesterday, we had another small victory when an arterial line was put in her umbilical area but today they had to take it out again. For some reason, the arterial line affects circulation in her feet and they start turning purple. When this happens, her poor toes almost look like a victim of frostbite. This also happened the day she was born when she had a line put in there, which is one of the reasons she was moved to the NICU. So now the arterial line is out but they need to put in another one to get lab work from her every 6 hours. I feel so bad for her because without the line, she will continue to get stuck with needles even more to get the needed labs. Please say a little prayer that she will be able to successfully keep an arterial line in without it affecting her circulation or causing other issues.

Tomorrow, I will be discharged from the hospital. Mr. Rochester and I have been lucky enough to get a room at the Ronald McDonald house about 5 blocks away. The last several days we've had dear friends who we really consider family staying in St. Louis with us and it has been wonderful to have them here. They have helped us focus on our blessings and even just helped us laugh (although I try to only chuckle being a few days post c-section). My dear friend Amber even gave me a "Jamicure" (Jamberry manicure - in my case pedicure). See. Don't mind my funky toes.
I have more to post but it's late and I'll do that tomorrow.

6 comments:

Katie @SwimBikeQuilt said...

I'm sure it's hard to post, but I know I appreciate reading it. Continued prayers for successful arterial lines. And happy news about the Ronald McDonald house!!

Joeby said...

Thank you so much for posting updates. We love you very much. Praying for you all.

Jani said...

Love the update. Hooray for the Ronald McDonald house. I put you guys on the prayer rolls here at the Fresno temple and will continue to add my own. Love you girl.

Crystal Livesay said...

I'm glad you will be able to stay close. Poor sweet girl having to be stuck so much :'( paying for her lots!

Mary said...

So happy you get to stay close to your precious baby girl!! We are praying for her and for your whole family!! Kara especially loves praying for Elijah's baby sister Agnes!! We love you guys!!

Kelly said...

We will say lots of special prayers for the art line! It's so hard to see them getting stuck so often. I'm glad you'll get to stay close to her. We really appreciate the updates!! :)