Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Baby booties

A week or so ago, Mr. Rochester, Trotwood, and I went to Target to pick up a few things. While we were there, I suggested that we buy something for the baby. It's been seven months now and we haven't done any of the new baby preparations that most people would probably be working on. Because we're trying to be realistic about what could happen with this pregnancy, we haven't set up a crib, bought a car seat, or even purchased any fun cute clothes to put in the baby's closet in expectation of the her birth. I've actually asked friends and family to wait to buy anything or host baby showers until after the baby is born so we know we actually have a baby that we can bring home from the hospital and shower with gifts.

Throughout my past pregnancies, Mr. Rochester and I would always look at different baby clothes and items and buy something here and there for the baby. We just did the normal things you would do when you're expecting a new baby. In fact, we still have a brand new unopened crib, dresser/changing table, and high chair in the garage. It's been over two years now and honestly, I don't even remember what the crib is supposed to look like.

So, in light of our decision to be optimistic, we bought some baby booties. Mr. Rochester and I picked out these cute newborn shoes.
And Trotwood picked out these 6 month size baby booties.
We actually have a few storage bins full of girl clothes that we'd bought or received from past baby showers or shopping trips for our other girls. The other day I realized that all the clothes we have were bought for baby girls born in January in Utah and with this baby being a September baby born in the South, I'm not really sure how much use we'll get out of the clothes we already have. Yet, even if we never use the clothes, I'm not sure I'll be able to get rid of them or even give them away. They were for my two sweet babies who never got to wear them. As sentimental as it may sound, I just want to keep the clothes...

So far, everything with my pregnancy has gone well. Every four weeks, I've been getting ultrasounds that specifically check for things like blood flow and brain hemorrhaging and so far, there are no abnormalities. The ultrasounds and labs are all clear and the baby moves around a lot. We plan on delivering in mid-September sometime around 36 weeks with the hope of preempting whatever happened around 37.5 weeks with our other two girls. Even though 36 weeks is early to deliver, I keep hoping for a healthy baby who doesn't have to spend time in the NICU although we realize that might happen one way or another.

2 comments:

A Little Tidbit: said...

Aria, I am so excited for all of you. This is such great news about your baby girl; Trotwood will be so excited and will be such a great help. Love you tons! Candy

Aria said...

Thank you so much, Candy! We are excited too and hope everything works out this time! Trotwood is really excited and so are we!