Wednesday, June 18, 2014

Gardening

This year, I wanted to plant a vegetable garden, but we were just too busy wrapping things up with school during the normal planting season that we couldn't make it happen. So, instead, we have four potted plants - two tomato plants, one bell pepper plant, and one strawberry plant and we're going to see how that goes. Back in April, we planted everything and then got a late freeze causing everything but the strawberry plant to die. (I had no idea strawberry plants were so hardy! Oh, and the freeze took me by surprise or else, I would have brought my portable potted plants inside.) So, we tried again with tomatoes and peppers and now, I can see a lone cherry tomato growing on our cherry tomato plant. A few days ago Trotwood harvested (and ate) the first strawberry from his strawberry plant. He was really excited about it, and oh yes, the strawberry plant is his plant!

No comments: