Wednesday, May 2, 2012

[inter] National Scrapbook Day – Blog Hop!


Come celebrate [inter] National Scrapbook Day this weekend with Design House Digital with a blog hop and an awesome collaboration kit from the Design House Digital designers, called Retrospect: 
The kit is absolutely free and you can download it all at once from the Design House Digital Shop. All you have to do to get it for free is follow along on the blog hop and collect the different letter codes at each site. Easy peasy!

Today, I'd like to talk just a little bit about some of my favorite keyboard shortcuts in Adobe programs. They're shortcuts that I use every day whenever I'm scrapbooking or using another Adobe program at work. Using these keyboard shortcuts make my workflow so much faster and easier. (I use a PC but if you're using a Mac, I believe you switch out the Ctrl key for the Cmd key.) 
  • Selection Tool: If you click and hold the CTRL key while you're using a tool other than the selection tool (the tool highlighted to the right), your mouse will change into the selection tool allowing you to select objects on your layout without actually having to switch over to the selection tool. One of my absolute favorite shortcuts is the shortcut for the zoom tool.
  • Zoom Tool: So many times when I'm working on a layout, I want to zoom in or out to get a better look at details or the entire layout. By using the keyboard shortcuts, it allows me to do this right at once without switching whatever tool I'm currently working with. To zoom in, hold down the CTRL and spacebar keys and to zoom out hold down the CTRL, spacebar and ALT keys and your mouse will change to those tools. 
  • Duplicate Layers: CTRL J - I use this one ALL the time. 
If you're interested in keyboard shortcuts, Adobe has a ton of them. These are just a few I use on a regular basis. There's an amazingly comprehensive list at this website if you'd like to see some more.

Also, using the Retrospect kit, I've made a version of this page into a Quickpage for you to download for free here
 
AND if you leave a comment on my blog, you'll have the opportunity to win a $10 gift certificate to Design House Digital's shop. You can enter daily,and every comment posted between now and 12:59 PM (CST) on Tuesday, May 8th will be eligible. (Please include your email address in your comment.)

Don’t forget to collect your letter so you can get that gorgeous Retrospect kit free! My letter is:

If you’re doing our Layout Challenge, my challenge is to use the color red. Now, head over to Angie Hinksman's fabulous blog for more goodies: Designs by Angie Hinksman.

75 comments:

Mary M. said...

Thank you

Michelle Huegel said...

thank you for the great tip, I didn't know the selection tool one!

TNSCRAPPER said...

Love your quickpage. Thanks.

ConnieC said...

Thanks for the page.

wic2turk at yahoo dot com

Leigh said...

fabulous! Thanks so much!

Tenika said...

I did not know that about the selection tool...cool!

Rhadonda said...

Love the keyboard tips. I work all day on a computer and am definitely a keyboard tip kind of person! Thanks for the quick page too.

Jennybean said...

I love your quickpage, thank you!

NL said...

Thank you for the tip and kit!

Lois said...

Thank you!
lmcarthur32@yahoodotcom

Wren said...

Thanks a bunch!

Stacia said...

I love shortcut keys but I have a hard time making myself learn them! Thanks for the nudge. :-) I love the quick page too!

Tiffany said...

What a fun blog hop!

Amy said...

Thanks for the tips!

Nicole Michelle Gray said...

you layout was one of the ones I loved, I am excited that I can use it as a quickpage :)

Denise said...

Love your quick page! Thanks!

Stacey said...

thank you so much for the hcance!

RJMJ said...

Hi There...

Thanks So Much For The Chance!
Have A Great Weekend!
Smiles,RJ

Monique1971 said...

I love the CTRL J to duplicate a layer too, use that very often. Yep, also love a lot of other keyboard shortcuts. Thanks for the QP!

CBH said...

Thank you so much for this post. I want to let you know that I posted a link to your blog in CBH Digital Scrapbooking Freebies (please, notice the new url for my blog), under the Page 2 post on May. 03, 2012. Thanks again.

Lindzie said...

short cut codes are fabulous! Thanks for sharing!

meagan43 said...

thanks for your part of iNSD

Ari Vega-Macias said...

thanxs for the qp:)))

suruha said...

Thank you for all the awesome goodies! This is fun!

Su

Melanie said...

What a great layout!

grannymike said...

Thanks for the tips and the pretty quick page. Thanks also for your work on the great free kit and the fun blog hop.

Christina G said...

Thank you!

DoggiNo said...

Shortcuts are definitely a great invention !!

Angela said...

Thank you!

Amy Groteluschen said...

Thanks for the tips!
amdguenther@gmail.com

Cara said...

Thanks for the QP, really cute!

Arielle ~ SnappyStamper said...

I always love the collabs from DHD - this one is no exception! Thanks so much for the chance!

Carol said...

You are very kind. Thank you!

inksandthinks said...

Wow, great qp! Thanks so much. I'm having tonnes (Cdn spelling!) of fun today.

Liz said...

I love your LO and am so happy to get the QP of it!! Thank you!

KittenJen said...

Thanks!

PattyC said...

Sorry to leave this here ... just wanted to let you know that you were the winner of the Simple Scrapbooks issue on my blog last week. Can you pop over to my blog, my email address is there! Thanks ... Patty (http://thegreenhouseonthehill.blogspot.com/)

Deb said...

Always glad to find out some new keyboard shortcuts. Thanks.

Anonymous said...

Love. Love. Love Shortcut Keys! Thanks! And thanks for the quick page! So cute!

bobnmichele@frontier.com

agravette said...

awesome giveaway! thank you so much for the chance!
jasongravette @ aol . com

LeeAnn said...

Thank you for the QP and the tip. I am loving the hop!

Sandy said...

Thanks for the cute template, and the shortcut tips! I'll try to remember to come back and comment again.

Ambers Artworks said...

Thank you for the chance to win!

myabelle said...

thank u for the tip and the quickpage.

maiagarri *at* excite.com

♥ Audrey ♥ said...

Thanks for the freebie!

Beatricemi said...

Great collab- thanks

l said...

LindaHaz SAID: Thanks for the shortcut tips and link will definately use.

Stacey said...

thanks so much for the chance!

BJoyful333 said...

thanks for the list of shortcuts..very helpful. thanks.

Melinda said...

Thanks for the qp!

Tiffmc said...

thank you so much for the great qp!

Kim said...

thanks for the quickpage and the chance to win!
kimds AT telenet . be

MamaBug said...

Thank you! Great information!

Marlene said...

Thanks for the chance to win, and thanks for the tips! Love shortcuts!

Linh C. said...

I'm bookmarking that website of shortcut keys!

Deb said...

Just wanted to thank you for the chance to win a GC.

orachel said...

Thanks so much for the chance to win.

Paula said...

Thanks for the chance to win the GC... and WOW! What a beautiful Quick Page you have made and shared with us. Thank you! :)

Stacey said...

thankyou so much for the chance to win!

Jeanne B. said...

Thank for the opportunity to win and for the great tips and links!

Barbara Ann said...

Thank you for sharing your favorite shortcuts!

lynnquiltsalot said...

Thanks for the tip on the zoom tool and the adorable quick page.

jenscre8tivity said...

thanks so much for the tips!

Aznewmom said...

Thanks for a chance to win! I'm just scratching the surface of learning PS, so the tips are great. Thanks again.
Cheers,
Stacy
aznewmom@yahoo.com

Suz said...

happy nsd thanks for the quick page it's awesome

idahorhodes said...

loe the tips

scraphappyrhodes@q.com

l said...

posted by Linda at AZalexius@gmailcom Thanks for the chances to win. Loving the blog hop thanks for participating!

Scrumptious said...

Thank you so much for the QP and most especially for the shortcut tips! The selection tip is like the answer to my constant agonized grumbles! I'm at smushinka at gmail.

Stacey said...

Thank you so much for the chance! Had a wonderful INSD weekend!

libbywilko said...

Thanks for the the chance :-D

Kay S. said...

Thanks for the tips and the quick page.

mischalaneous said...

THANKS so much! And for the chances for multiple comments. (I LOVE your site, btw!)

chalane(at)juno{dot}[c][o][m]

Stacey said...

thank you so much again for the chance to win!

sts2000 said...

Thanks for the chance to win - and for leaving things up for us slow pokes!

easyeyes4you said...

Thanks so much for th einfo on shortcuts...I am trying to use them more, but I fortet what they all are...
riekenaliz@charter.net