Saturday, April 7, 2012

Watercolors

So...this page just sort of happened. Trotwood has these bathtub crayons he loves to play with and I wanted to create a page that adequately captured how much fun he has in the tub. So I tried to give a sort of watercolor, artistic feel to the layout. Sometimes, I love the page and sometimes, it just looks like a big mess to me. And, it feels like it's missing something...maybe it's all the white space on the left hand page that's bothering me because I'm not used to using a lot of white space in my layouts. Really, I'm just not sure what it is that's bothering me about this layout but sometimes, when I look at it...it just doesn't seem right. If you have any tips on how to make the page better, let me know! I love the photos and I love the title...but I just don't know if I love the pre-school look I gave it, y'know? Seriously, what do you think?

2 comments:

Kathryn said...

I think it looks great! Maybe remove the brown/neutral colors from the watercolor background because they seem to compete for visual attention with the browns in the photos. ??? Cute pictures! ♥

Miss Summerson said...

Thanks, Kathryn! I think I'll do that! It's so nice to hear from you!