Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day!

Happy Father's Day to all the dads out there! We had an enjoyable, maybe little exhausting Father's Day. I will admit that on Mother's Day, Mr. Rochester does everything so, of course, I must reciprocate on Father's Day, hence the exhausting day. Mr. Rochester got to enjoy the morning with a lot of "me-time" before church while I entertained Trotwood. We read lots of books before church yesterday. Along with his older favorites, Trotwood has two new favorite books: Giraffes Can't Dance and Olivia, or as Trotwood would say "Li-Li". It's so cute. We actually only own one Olivia book but I checked out a couple more from our library and they were a hit! Although the books have great stories, I think what makes Olivia so appealing to Trotwood is the stylized artwork. It's truly fabulous. But I digress, this post was supposed to be about Father's Day. Mr. Rochester is proudly displaying his Father's Day gifts above. He got a new Dodgers shirt - he is a huge fan - and he has recently begun to relive his childhood hobby of collecting baseball cards. He is holding up his two new baseball cards: Johnny Podres and Carl Erskine. I know very little about who these people are - all I know is they were on Mr. Rochester's list.

I'm so grateful for Mr. Rochester in my life. He is a wonderful husband and father, and I'm so lucky to have him! I've also been blessed with great examples in my dad, my step-dad, and my father-in-law. Hoping you all had a great Father's Day too.

1 comment:

EfR said...

Think Blue!!!!!