Monday, May 23, 2011

Cornbread Lover

Ever since my freshman year in college, I have been trying to find a really good cornbread recipe. When I was growing up, my mom would make fabulous cornbread by just slapping things together in the kitchen and I grew to love a good cornbread. Of course, I have not yet developed that talent of throwing ingredients together in a pan and producing a masterpiece - I still need to use good old-fashioned recipes, of which many are found on the good, old-fashioned internet! Many of my attempts to make cornbread have been disasters where the bread didn't cook all the way through and the entire bread pan turned out to be a big pile of mush. Another disaster involved me accidentally using a large portion of salt instead of the required amount of sugar. I believe the salt incident happend my freshman year of college, perhaps some of my old roommates will remember that debacle - I'm sure, at the time, I was sufficiently dramatic about my kitchen disaster.

Finally, I have found a wonderful cornbread recipe that goes perfectly with a nice pot of beans, which is just what we ate for dinner last night! I can't believe I haven't blogged about this cornbread recipe before. It wasn't too long ago that I discovered it and ever since then, it's the only cornbread that has graced our kitchen. It is Jalapeno Cheddar Cornbread by the Barefoot Contessa and it is deeeelicious! Try it and you will never go back...unless you're just in the mood for plain cornbread...or sweet cornbread...both of which I am still searching for the perfect recipe.

3 comments:

Joy said...

i love cornbread! and nathan loves it more. i need to try this recipe, thanks for the info!!

Desiree said...

You know mike is going to want a sample of this, right?

Miss Summerson said...

Joy, the cornbread it just fabulous!

Desiree, come on up - we have some on our kitchen counter right now!