Thursday, February 10, 2011

True Story

Last week, Trotwood and I went to the grocery store before the big ice/snow storm. No, I'm not one of those people who rushes out to the store at the slightest forecast of bad weather. Really, I just needed some peppers for this enchilada sauce I was making for dinner and when I'd gone the week before, the store was out of peppers! It was just unfortunate that I happened to need the peppers the night before a big storm and all the crazies rushed out for food like there were Black Friday sales. This is something I just do not understand. Why is there such a mad rush to the store if there is bad weather?! Do people just not have food at home?

Anyway, as I was waiting in line to pay for my three peppers and gallon of milk, there was a nice, friendly older gentleman in front of me in line. Trotwood loves people and he grinned and "chatted" with the man. The man smiled back at Trotwood and talked to him for a few moments, then he turned to me and asked, "Does he have an Asian father?" I was a little surprised at his question and responded with, "No, his father isn't Asian, but I can see where you might think that because he does have almond-ish shaped eyes." The man checked out and that was that. I laughed about it to myself when I got in the car and when I told Mr. Rochester later. However, after seeing the pictures below, which were taken a few days later, I can see why that nice, older gentleman might have asked me such a thing.

What do you think?

6 comments:

Michelle said...

haha That's so funny! The mailman isn't Asian right? j/k

Doodle On Yoo said...

I'm seriously almost falling of the chair laughing, he is so stinkin' cute!!!

Desiree said...

LOL!!!!!! I do see it now! That is so funny!

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

i needed a good laugh this morning!!! Does Rochester have something he needs to tell us??!! hahaha

Cormorant said...

That's funny. You never know what comments you're going to get from random people!

Kate @SwimBikeQuilt said...

hilarious! i love that strangers always need to know what the father/mother looks like. :)