Saturday, November 13, 2010

Yum

I recently ordered this cookbook by America's Test Kitchen and I LOVE it. In my opinion, America's Test Kitchen puts out some of the best cookbooks with the tastiest recipes. They test every single one of the recipes in their cookbooks and then put the "best" one in their cookbook. This healthy cookbook contains delicious recipes and each recipe lists the calorie/fat content for each recipe. One of the things I like most about this healthy cookbook is that the food you cook doesn't taste like diet food. The one thing I don't like about the cookbook is that some of the ingredients for the recipes can be a little hard to find. For example, we'd like to try making one of the soup recipes, Moroccan Chickpea Soup, but it calls for saffron threads. Now, I'm no master chef but I've never heard of saffron threads (yes, I just looked it up on the internet) but I have no idea where we might be able to find those...or how expensive they might be. Anyway, Mr. Rochester and I have been cooking meals out of this cookbook for the last couple months and we've both dropped a few pounds. So, I'm grateful for learning how to cook more heathily.

3 comments:

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

Is it tons of ingredients? I search for recipes with only a few things in them!

Miss Summerson said...

Well, it's not TONS of ingredients but there usually always seems to be an ingredient that I need to look up on the internet or go to the natural food store to buy. The recipes also try to make use of more fruits, veggies and whole grains...but then again the other ingredients may just be spices.

Doodle On Yoo said...

Saffron is expensive and can be hard to find! Your best bet would be to look at a natural food or specialty food store.