Thursday, November 4, 2010

Internet

I'm grateful for the internet and how it connects us to people we love and with whom we sometimes lose touch. I remember in the 90s when our high school became connected to the world wide web. Of course, it wasn't as advanced as it is now and we had those blue screens whenever we used email, but it was still amazing to be able to send a message to someone and then receive a reply a few minutes later! And now besides email, we have blogs, social networking sites, and other websites that help us connect, reconnect, and stay connected with our friends and family members. All of this connection to everyone eventually decreased the amount of phone calling I do to those dear to me and I think, at some point, it will be time to reconnect with the phone.

1 comment:

Desiree said...

The internet is a great thing!