Tuesday, November 16, 2010

First Haircut

Last week, Trotwood got his first haircut. In a matter of minutes, he went from this
to this
side view
Family photo at the salon!
I almost cried. I can't believe how big my baby is getting. Before we arrived at the salon, I was positive that I was going to have to hold Trotwood on my lap throughout the duration of his haircut. Yet, Trotwood surprised us all by sitting in the chair all by himself and by behaving absolutely perfectly while he was getting his haircut. Of course, all the credit is due to our wonderful hairdresser who supplied him with one tootsie roll pop right after another (he finished two of them at the salon). It's amazing how well a rambunctious little boy will behave when he's busy with a lollipop! Trotwood's new haircut makes him look like such a little boy! Although we like his haircut, Mr. Rochester and I immediately missed Trotwood's unruly baby hair and joked that perhaps Trotwood will not get another haircut until this time next year.

An hour or so before Trotwood's haircut, we went to the doctor's office for his 15 month check-up. Our wild thing of a child is 33.5 inches tall (100th%tile) and weighs 25 lbs (55th%tile). I knew he was getting heavier but I didn't realize how tall he was getting! Maybe that's why he has no problem turning the doorknobs although, thank heavens, he still hasn't figured out he needs to turn and push to open the doors. Of course, at the doctor's office, Trotwood was less than thrilled about getting shots. We had to pin him down to the exam table for his shots where he proceeded to scream bloody murder. Poor guy. Last time he got shots, we distracted him with a book (he was sitting on my lap), and he didn't make a peep!

So, today, I am grateful for our hairdresser for taking the time to cut our little guy's hair and since it was his first haircut, it was free!

1 comment:

Sarbear said...

We just had salon day in our kitchen a couple of days ago for the two older boys. I am resisting cutting Will's hair again because it always makes him look so big and grown up.

Trotwood's check up stats remind me of Isaac he was very similar. Now his is a 4 year old wearing size 5 and 6 clothes. Good luck!