Tuesday, November 23, 2010

And these guys!

I'm very grateful for my dad and my step-mom! Ever since I was a little girl, I've always looked up to my dad. When I was in elementary and secondary school, I had that my-dad-is-the-best-mentality and always thought my dad was more handsome and smarter and better than any of my friends' dads. Even now, I think my dad is probably one of the smartest people I know. I always know that I can go to him to get an honest, informed opinion about things I am concerned about in my life. He has a kind heart and I know he loves me very much. My step-mom is also wonderful. She's a very talented, giving, loving person. I wish that I could spend more time with her because there are so many neat things that I want to learn from her, like how to make and jar this fabulous homemade pickle relish that she makes or learning some new craft that she is mastering. She's amazing! I'm very lucky in the spouses my parents chose for their second marriages. Both are very active in the Church and both are just good people in general! I love my dad and my step-mom!

2 comments:

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

I have to second all of this! We are quite blessed!

Anonymous said...

This is one of the sweetest things I have ever read. I just read it to your dad and we are both crying. I am the lucky one to get to know you! I really needed this today and am so thankful that I looked! Love you so much - Dad and Joeby