Monday, February 1, 2010

Snowed in

Last Thursday night, we started to get some ice here. Many people were afraid that we'd get another ice storm like the one we had last year, but this year we were lucky and got more snow than ice! The university closed on Friday because of the inclement weather and Mr. Rochester and I happily did not lose our power. I feel bad for those people (like my mom and my stepdad) who did lose power but Mr. Rochester and I enjoyed staying at home and relaxing. It was just...heaven.

J & A, some of our best friends, braved the roads to keep us company during the snowy weather (and I think they may have been out of power for awhile). The roads really weren't that bad after the first day, you just had to be careful of all the other southerners driving on snowy roads who don't know how to drive on them. All weekend long, we nerded it up together and played board games like Heroquest and Lord of the Rings Trivia. Here are some pictures (don't mind my messy house). I love Mr. Rochester's facial expressions in all of these.

3 comments:

Natalie R. said...

Yay, I love snow days!! That's so fun, especially since some friends were able to come over. Playing board games with friends is the best. :0)

Mike said...

We are so busy I can't think of a time when we are going to be able to come up again...I think we have missed our snow days for this year with you guys.....

Desiree said...

we got your ice here in LR. We were iced in for the weekend and got a lot done. It looks like you guys had fun and I a, glad you kept power......no weekend is fun with no power!