Sunday, October 25, 2009

Back to work

Well, tomorrow is the day I have not been looking forward to for the last three months. I have to go back to work. I feel very sad about having to leave Trotwood and go back to work but I understand and have accepted that we need the health insurance. Although I hate the idea of leaving Trotwood during the day, I am just grateful that Mr. Rochester's school schedule is such that he will be able to stay home with Trotwood while I am at work. A friend from church has offered to watch Trotwood a few hours a week while Mr. Rochester is in class.

I keep worrying about how everything will be after tomorrow...how am I going to get enough sleep at night in order to get up for work in the morning? Will I be successful in using a breast pump at work so I can continue to breastfeed Trotwood? Will I have the energy I need to continue to get up in the mornings and exercise before I go to work? How will Mr. Rochester be able to complete all of his schoolwork and finish applying to PhD programs when his time is taken up all day watching our beloved Trotwood? And the list goes on...Whatever happens after I go back to work, I know everything will work out somehow. Worrying doesn't do any good, but unfortunately it is just something that I do.

5 comments:

Mama Bean said...

It will all work out OKAY!!! Is one of those schools here in Utah?

Brittany said...

I'm sorry your time at home is coming to an end. I still remember how I felt heading back to work after our oldest was born.

It will be better than you're fearing. Some days will be stressful, but I think you'll be amazed at how quickly everyone adjusts.

Best of luck, and keep pictures coming!

Laina said...

I am sure that everything will work out. Although I am sure that it is very stressful. I think that we do what we have to and things turn out miraculously better than we could imagine.

I hope that is the case with your situation.

And how amazing that he will get that bonding time with his Dad, not many babies get that.

Amber said...

I'm a worry-wart, too. I know everything will be just fine for your family, though. Things have a way of working out. :D

Good luck today! I hope it's going well!

Desiree said...

I know this is hard to believe but it will work out. When I had to leave Beau in a daycare when I went back I sobbed all day but I knew that I had to take care of him and do what needed to be done. You and your husband are such talented, smart, blessed and wonderful people that I know you will adapt quickly and be able to glide over the rough day (there will be many) and savor the great ones. OH, and we are praying that you stay close to home. I know that is selfish but well, I don't care if it is, we love and miss you guys.