Thursday, July 23, 2009

July...

I feel like I should blog something. Mr. Rochester and I have had a busy July so far. Most of it seems like it was spent looking for a new (to us) car after I got off work every day. We literally did this almost every day and it's finally over! Yay! Last week we traded in our old Altima that had almost 195,000 miles on it for a 2003 Subaru Forester with about 75,000 miles on it. I wanted to post pictures of it but to be honest, I've just been too tired to do much in the evenings. So pictures will have to wait until another blog post. We are really happy with the new car and it drives beautifully. Most of all, I don't feel like I have to worry about breaking down or bursting into flames when I drive it. It is such a "family" looking car and I think it will be perfect for our growing family.

Speaking of family, YES, we are having a baby next Thursday! I can hardly believe that a few days after that we will be bringing our little baby boy home from the hospital. We've been having non-stress tests the last few weeks and his heartrate and movements have all been great so there appears to be little cause to worry. Last year our daughter was delivered at 38 weeks. This week I am 38 weeks pregnant and I can tell a difference in the baby's movements between this pregnancy and my last. It is comforting to feel the baby moving so much but sometimes I wistfully think that if I'd only know what it was like to be pregnant before and how much a baby should move towards the end of pregnancy, then maybe things would have been different with our daughter. Despite feelings I have like that, I know the Lord has a plan for each of us and that our family is eternal -- we will be with her again someday.

The past few weeks we have been blessed with baby showers and gifts given by friends and family and I wanted to thank everyone again for all of the baby items we've been given. I truly enjoyed all of the showers and am very grateful to everyone for their kindness. I can't wait to hold our little boy in just a week!

11 comments:

Michelle said...

Thursday is coming so fast! I'm so excited for you! He is going to be the cutest little thing! You will have to be sure to post pictures soon after he makes his arrival. :)

Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

Wow! It's so close, I can almost not wait. We're so excited to hear the news and see the cute pictures. Good luck!

Desiree said...

I am so excited. We can not wait to meet your son. We know that he will be just a great as you all are.

Mrs. W said...

I am so excited for you guys. I'm glad that you blogged because I was thinking that you had already had the baby. Congrats on the new car, we are looking to get a new (used) one also sometime soon. I can't wait for pictures of the baby! Good luck.

Candy Fam said...

Yay!!! I need pics like 20 minutes after delivery... ok jk, but soon. I can't wait to see what he looks like... mom or dad? We will see soon enough. I told you that is Cienna's birthday too... they will be birthday buddies! Love you guys and miss you so bad!!!

Marcus J. said...

Audrey and I are so happy for you guys! Good luck on Thursday and tell your hubby I said hi.
-Marcus & Audrey

Amber said...

I can't wait til Thursday! I'll be thinking about all three of you.

Congrats on the new car, too :)

Heather said...

So excited for you! I know you'll be busy and sleep deprived, but PLEASE blog and post pictures when your little sweetheart comes!

Mama Bean said...

You had better not bless him until October. That will give me enough time to plan ahead and fly out to see you!!!

~Rani said...

Aria,
Jared and I are so excited for you guys!
I can't wait to see pics of your baby boy!
Love and miss you!

Natalie R. said...

So I've been a bit behind and was catching up on your blog - congratulations!!! I'm so happy for you guys, good luck with the c-section and everything! Have you decided on a name yet??