Wednesday, June 17, 2009

Our First Garden


Last weekend, Mr. Rochester's parents came to visit and helped us put in our very first garden! Ever since we moved here last year and were able to rent a house (instead of living in another apartment), we've been talking about how we want to put in a garden for the summer. And we finally did! Although, I will admit that I didn't do much to actually help putting in the garden. Mr. Rochester and his dad did most of the work. We were able to plant all sorts of vegetables like peppers, squash, tomatoes, beans, and cucumbers even though it is a little late in the season to begin--we're just glad to at least try to have a garden. Here are some pictures from the planting event.

Check out the dirt on my gloves--evidence that I helped a little. Oh, and don't mind my mismatched, snug-fitting clothes. Since the garden day, I've started wearing Mr. Rochester's shirts and shorts around the house so mine don't fit so snugly.

Since last weekend, the seeds we planted have actually sprouted little green shoots. I know we'll have to wait awhile for any vegetables but I can't wait to eat them in a few months!

9 comments:

Desiree said...

Holy cow you are the cutest about to pop lady in the world. We can not wait to meet your little boy. BTW we planted ours kinda late too since this spring we were busy explanding our family and did not have much free time. I have blooms on my watermelon plants already and can not wait for them to grow.

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

You look precious!!! I can't wait to see you in just a few weeks. Isaac says we are going to make it for your shower!!
Love you!!

Michelle said...

Oh I love your cute little pregnant belly! You look great! Congrats on your first garden!-That's big time! That'll be great to have all those fresh veggies!

Amber said...

The garden looks great! You do, too :) Very pretty for the veggies and for Aria.

Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

Glad to see that I'm not the only one who wears my husband's clothes when I'm big and prego!

Laina said...

yeah for gardens. I cant wait to one day have my own garden. you look so cute by the way. i am so excited for you.

Mike said...

our plants are doing well, but I am not seeing much in the way of produce....hmmmm....gonna add some miracle grow to the soil today...nothing like a few performance enhancers...plants on roids!!

Laina said...

hey. email meyour email at lainacampbell@gmail so i can add you to my list so you can view my now private blog

Kel said...

Hey! It took me a minute to figure out who Miss Summerson was! But all investigation led here.

Nice garden! I miss you.