Wednesday, June 3, 2009

The new date

The baby's birthday has been determined! Today we had another doctor's appointment and we scheduled my C-Section. It felt kind of weird to schedule the baby's birthday because I've always felt like babies are just born when they are born. Our doctor wanted to deliver the baby the week before my due date but the C-section date only ended up being four days before my original due date because of our doctor's schedule. So the big day will be on July 30th unless I happen to go into labor before then. After our ultrasound today, our doctor told us that our son's weight and some of his measurements are two weeks ahead of my weeks in pregnancy. I got excited thinking that maybe the baby would be early but then when our doctor said that he would still deliver the baby at 39 weeks, I was a little disappointed. Today's ultrasound looked great and our baby seems healthy so far. So really, I only need to wait it out about 8 more weeks!

10 comments:

Michelle said...

How exciting! Good to hear that your little boy is doing good and healthy. You still haven't posted a pic of you up here...that's a must before you have the baby you know. :) 8 more weeks! Yay Aria!

Kate said...

Hooray for baby no-name (or name not to be shared). You can make it! Eight weeks seems awesome to me... how many do I have? 20? Oh man!

Mama Bean said...

YEAH!!!

Amber said...

Aria! How exciting! I can't wait to meet him, and I'm sure you can't either :)

Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

Yay! I'm so happy things are going so well. I can't believe you're 8 weeks away and that I'm 10 weeks away. Ca-ray-zee!

Doodle On Yoo said...

Awesome! That's so neat to know what day he'll be arriving. I'm waiting for the last item I ordered for him to arrive, hopefully his package will get there before he does! I'm happy he is doing so well. :)

Jean and Michelle said...

Aria, how fun to find you after so many years! I wish that you lived in Utah still so we could get together! Looks like things are going so well for you! I just had a baby boy and let me tell you, boys are so fun!!! I am so excited for you!

Mrs. W said...

wow that certainly comes at you fast, doesnt it! I'm so excited for you guys!

Candy Fam said...

I am sooooo excited!!!! I will NEVER forget that birthday.... it is Cienna's too! :) YAY! So close... I am so excited... I think I already said that! Love you guys!

Kel said...

Hey that's great!