Thursday, June 25, 2009

My first quilt!


I just completed my very first quilt top! In April I attended a class at a local quilt store and learned what little I now know about quilting. Since then my mom and my sister-in-law have been great sources of information and have answered all of my quilting related questions. I still need to put the whole "quilt sandwich" together on my first quilt and I'm hoping my mom, who is a super quilter, will be able to help me with that this weekend when we go visit. Picking out the fabric and putting the quilt top together was so much fun and I think I've actually gotten a little hooked on quilting. I even have my google reader set up to check several different quilt blogs (thanks, Katie!). I tend to lead more toward liking the non-traditional and improvisational styles of quilting. Anyway, here are a few pictures of my first quilt top.

I just love this Mary Engelbreit fabric and I'm excited to get the quilt finished in time for the baby!

12 comments:

Laina said...

Oh my goodness! So great! I love it! The fabric is so cute!

Doodle On Yoo said...

That is gorgeous! I love all that fabric! Very cute. What a lucky little boy!

Kate said...

Wahoo!!! I shouldn't tell you that the quilting of it and binding of it seems to take as long as the piecing of it... congrats!

Amber said...

Love love love it!!!!

What are some of the quilting blogs you like with nontraditional quilts? Those are so awesome.

Mike said...

That looks great! Have fun putting it all together!

Miss Summerson said...

Thanks everyone! Amber, here are a couple of the quilt blogs that I like to check:
http://www.filminthefridge.com/
http://blockpartyquiltingbee.blogspot.com/
http://www.modabakeshop.com/
My friend Katie got me hooked on them and they all have such cute stuff!

Michelle said...

Love the quilt! Good job girl! You are so crafty!

Mrs. W said...

What a beautiful quilt! Good job!

Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

That looks great, Aria! I'm so impressed. I'm sure he'll love it.

Shells said...

I agree that quilting is very addicting. Yours turned out so cute. I love it. I looking forward to seeing the finished product.

I'll have to go check out your quilting blogs.

Andrea said...

That is so pretty!! I just finished my first quilt too...a double irish chain and I have to say it was not as easy as I thought it'd be! I'm proud of you!

Kel said...

Ummm... you are officially way too cool. Anyone who can make a quilt is marked in the hero section of my secret book.