Thursday, May 14, 2009

Testing time...

Mr. Rochester and I are leaving for DC tomorrow! I'm excited because we're going to stay a couple of days with some friends of mine that I haven't seen in years. We're planning on trying to sightsee as much as possible on Friday and Saturday. Then on Sunday evening we're staying at a hotel in downtown DC that is close to where I will be taking the Foreign Service Oral Assessment on Monday. My assessment lasts from 7 am to possibly 6 pm (if I pass) that day so Mr. Rochester will have to find something to do all day that day. Tuesday, we fly back home.

I'm nervous about the Oral Assessment but I've made up my mind that I'm just going to do the best I can and be okay with whatever the outcome is. Of course, if I fail, I'm sure I'll be disappointed but I can always try again (although I'll have to start all over with the written exam). The percentage of people who pass the Oral Assessment is really low so I'm hopeful but not expectant. Thanks for all of your love and support in this endeavor!

Just a quick pregnancy update--things are going great. I'm 28 weeks this week. I had another ultrasound a few weeks ago and I should be getting a third one around my 32 week mark. The baby kicks and moves around a lot and it's really comforting for us to know he's so active. I just hope his activity level stays high for the next 12 weeks!

8 comments:

Michelle said...

Good luck with your test Monday! I'm sure you will do great! Good to hear your little guy is so active. :)

James and Sarah Narramore said...

Good luck with your test! You'll be feeling those kicks to the ribs more often then you think. Can't wait for him to get here so we can meet him!

Mama Bean said...

YEAH!!! for your test and for baby. You will ROCK, and I MISS you too!!!

Doodle On Yoo said...

Good luck with the test! From what Nate tells me you'll pass with flying colors! I'm happy to hear baby is doing so well and is so active. We're hoping to be able to make it out there to meet him in August!

Mrs. W said...

Glad you have a happy kicking baby.Good luck on your test, just stay calm.

Kate said...

You will do wonderfully well on the test, I'm sure. You are thoughtful and intelligent and kind and adventurous and sure of yourself--you were even at 19. Go you! We are glad you are here, too! Hope you guys are having fun today, even if it is without me. :)

Desiree said...

I know you will do great. I hope that you have fun in DC

Amber said...

I know the test is already over, but I hope you did well! And I hope you had fun in DC. Yea for Jack the Kicker!