Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Test results...

Thank you for all of your encouragement and support! I did not end up passing my test and only missed the passing score by a few points. Although that is encouraging, I can't help but feel a little discouraged. I was really excited about the possibility of getting a job that my education had prepared me for (especially the job I'd wanted since I was an undergraduate student), the chance to live and work abroad, and to earn an actual salary. Last May is when we knew where we were moving for Mr. Rochester's grad schooling and I started looking and applying for jobs in this area. It has now been a year since that time. I have applied for over 100 jobs and still have not been able to find a job that will help me start a career. I am grateful to have a job right now, especially in this economy, but I am ready to do something other than secretarial work and would like to start earning a real salary so I can start paying off my student loans. Before we left for DC, I told myself that I would be okay with whatever happened and I've really just been trying to accept it. I can start all over with the process and retake the written test in October if I want to but I wouldn't be able to retake the Oral Assessment until this time next year. Mr. Rochester and I really enjoyed our time in DC and I will post pictures of our trip in a few days. Thank you again for all your love and prayers!

4 comments:

Brittany said...

Oh, Aria. I remember you talking about the exam all those years ago--I know this was a big deal for you. Please don't be too discouraged. You have prepared for it, so it will happen. Heavenly Father works through our desires to build his kingdom. This is just a bump in the road--something to make you appreciate it more when the timing is better. All that said--bummer. Sorry. But hey--look at how smart you are--seriously, remember that you said it yourself--almost NO ONE passes the first time around.

Michelle said...

I'm sorry to hear about the test girl. But I know things will work out in the right time for you. Love you lots! We are coming down to Missouri this weekend...maybe we can see each other! :)

Mrs. W said...

Aw, I'm sorry. The Lord works in mysterious ways and we really can't see His plans for us right now, but later we can look back and see how the puzzle pieces of our lives fit together to bring us to where we are now.

Amber said...

:( I'm so sorry that you missed it by a few points. The upside is that it was only a few points! Hopefully you'll know what to do next time if you decide to go through the process again.