Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Visits!


A week ago, Mr. Rochester and I made a trip to Texas. We visited my aunt on Thursday night in Dallas and had a nice time visiting them. Then on Friday Mr. Rochester and I spent most of the day at the Dallas Texas temple. I haven't been to the Dallas Temple in years and it was so fun to go back there and remember all the great times I had attending the Dallas Temple on youth temple trips when I was a kid. The funny thing is on one of those youth temple trips, I took a picture of Mr. Rochester and I still have it! I think this must have been around 1995 which would make Mr. Rochester around 14 or 15.

When we were at the temple, we tried to remember exactly where I took the picture and so we took another one of him in 2009 (and with the same expression on his face)!

After Dallas, we went to Killeen to visit my sister-in-law and her kids. My older brother is away in Iraq on another year long tour with the military. Friday night we went with my sister-in-law to a place to eat called Genghis Grill. I thought the food at Genghis Grill was really tasty but I wasn't a huge fan of the way you get your food. You pretty much prepare your own rice bowl and then they cook it for you. Everything you need to put your rice bowl together is all laid out in buffet style--raw meat, vegetables, seasoning, everything--and you just pile it all in your bowl. That said, my distaste for handling raw meat at a restaurant will not keep me from going to Genghis Grill again. And I just found out there is one in Little Rock so I plan on stopping by the next time we are down that way!

We had such a fun time visiting with my sister-in-law and her kids! The day we told her the gender of our baby, she and her mother purchased some adorable outfits for him and I just can't wait for when he is born and big enough to wear them. I wanted to give a big thanks to Danielle and her mom for the baby clothes!

Saturday, Mr. Rochester and I went to Austin so I could attend a review session for the Foreign Service Oral Assessment given by the former U.S. Ambassador to Panama. Before we got to the university, I wasn't worried about getting a parking space or anything because, I thought, "It's a Saturday. Of course, there will be parking available." Boy, was I wrong. I think there were 4-5 different huge events going on at the University and it was impossible to find a place to park. Mr. Rochester ended up sitting in the car in the shade somewhere and studying while I was at my 3-4 hour review session. When I found out, I felt so bad but he didn't seem to mind. The session went well and I'm glad that I got to attend--it gave me more of an idea of what to expect on the test day and how to prepare. Besides that, I'm just glad we got to visit with some family!

4 comments:

Amber said...

It sounds like you had a great trip! Mark and I pass Ghengis Grill sometimes and have wondered how it is. We'll have to try it some time.

YOU LOOK SO CUTE!!!!!!!!!!

That is all.

Mrs. W said...

Oh what a fun trip! Glad you had fun.

Michelle said...

Good to hear that you had such a great trip! I love how he has the same exact expression on his face in those pics! haha

Mike said...

GG is awesome and I pass it to and from work every day. I have stopped in a couple of times and enjoyed it. I had to crack up at the face that Ed was making in the photo....just classic.

I am glad you are feeling better prepped for the FSOE, although moving to another country might cut down on how much we get to see you guys. We are crossing our fingers for you!