Friday, April 17, 2009

Easter King Cake


Last weekend, I got together with an old friend from high school who lives nearby and we made a delicious king cake! This time, we made an actual King Cake (yes out of flour and yeast) and it turned out to be delicious. Instead of using traditional Mardi Gras colors for the frosting, we chose a pastel, Easter type theme. We used a cream cheese filling and thought it needed more than what our recipe called for so we made more filling. The result of our extra filling made parts of the inside of the King Cake a little gooey but I think it was still delicious. Next time, I'll probably just stick to the recipe so the middle cooks better. It took us most of the day to make the cake because it had to rise a few times but it was definitely worth it and we had a great time making it! And in between the cake's rising time, we went to a quilt store, a scrapbook store and just visited. I thought our cake turned out beautifully!

Here we are, the little bakers!

6 comments:

Michelle said...

Wow! That looks amazing! You are dedicated to spend all day on one cake!

Amber said...

YUM! It looks quite delicious and pretty :)

Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

Yummy! Now I just wish you were closer so I could taste it.

And I loved the pictures of Mr. R. young and old. Priceless! :)

Mama Bean said...

I can see see your cute baby belly just barley showing. I MISS YOU!!!

Mrs. W said...

A King cake, how fun! Glad it turned out great.

Desiree said...

look very nice. I hope that you guys had a great easter!