Monday, March 16, 2009

I have something to tell...


We are having a baby boy in August!! Mr. Rochester and I have known for awhile now that we were expecting a baby but I didn't want to announce it until after we'd seen the ultrasound--I mainly just wanted to make sure things looked okay according to the doctor's interpretation of the ultrasound. So far, everything looks great and we are definitely having a boy! We are so excited to be having a baby boy and just hope and pray that everything goes well with the rest of the pregnancy and delivery.

The baby's due date is on August 3rd and I have to have another C-Section because no doctors in this area will do a VBAC. At first, I was disappointed that I would have to have another C-Section but I really just want to do what is best for the baby. We haven't really thought of names for the baby yet but right now, Mr. Rochester has decided we will call the baby "Jack" since his ultrasound picture looks like Jack Skellington from The Nightmare Before Christmas. I'm hoping that when the baby is born, he will end up resembling us as opposed to Jack Skellington! Although Jack is a nice name, I highly doubt that it will end up on our baby's birth certificate!

20 comments:

caseyandkathryn said...

Yay! Congrats! The office is having both a boy AND a girl this year. How exciting! I can't wait to hear what you're going to name him.

Laina said...

I am so excited for you! That is such great news. HOORAY! Yeah for little boys.

Amber said...

YAY!!! I'm so excited for you :)

Michelle said...

That is so exciting that you are having a boy! He will be so cute! I had a feeling it was a boy. :) haha Congrats again girl!

Heather said...

Aria that is so wonderful! I'm so excited for you and for your lucky little boy!

Sarbear said...

Boys are fun! I should know. I think Jack is a cute name. Congrats on everything looking great.

Candy Fam said...

Yay for a boy!!! It seems like all my pregger friends are having boys, but they are amazing! Caden is still a mama's boy! :)

Mrs. W said...

I am so excited for you two! Congratulations! I think you should stick with Jack and have Skellington be his middle name, that would be awesome! ;) So excited!

Shells said...

Congratulations!!!!! Little boys are so fun. I'm so happy for you and Mr. Rochester.

Kate said...

Congratulations!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Aunt Debbie said...

I am so excited for you both! Congratulations!

LaDawna said...

That is so exciting. I'm happy for the two of you. Babies are so much fun. Even when we are grandma's.

natalie said...

Congratulations! I don't think I knew that you guys already had a baby. . . shows how out of the loop I am! C-Sections are terrible!(unfortunately, I've had to have three.) But, hey, at least they get the baby here safely :-)

James and Sarah Narramore said...

That is so EXCITING!!! I can't wait to see pictures of him and see what you decide to name him. I hope everything goes well with your pregnancy and delivery!!! I was wondering if you'd be announcing this news soon!! :D

Rachelle said...

Congratulations!!! We're so excited for you guys!

Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

Wahoo! We are so thrilled for you guys and think it's great that our little kiddo will be right around the same age. Too bad we aren't closer so we could commiserate silly things about pregnancy together! :) Good luck. Love you!

Kathryn said...

Aria!!!! i'm so excited for you! that's great news. i hope your feeling good. and a boy! love it! i'm a little partial to boys :)

Kathryn said...

Aria!!!! i'm so excited for you! that's great news. i hope your feeling good. and a boy! love it! i'm a little partial to boys :)

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

I can't wait to give you all of Jack's new outfits!!! He's gonna look so precious!!!

Bub n Red said...

Congratulations! I hope that all goes well! We will find out what we are having in about 5 weeks. Maybe boy is in the air! :)