Friday, February 6, 2009

Ice Storm 2009


We survived last week's ice storm, probably a little too pleasantly. Although we did lose power, we only lost it for a total of 12 hours. I was so happy too because I've decided that I really LOVE electricity, especially in the winter when it is freezing outside! There were a lot of people in this area that lost power for the entire week and some them just got it back this week, so we were very grateful to only have lost power for such a short time. The university closed for 4 days because of the electricity and all of the tree damage. Mr. Rochester and I really enjoyed being home together. We really didn't leave the house for those four days. We slept in, had a Lord of the Rings marathon, and were just lazy most of the time. Here are some pictures we took.












11 comments:

Michelle said...

Your pics are awesome girl! You for sure have an eye for photography! Oh and you look so cute in your little pink beanie!

Mama Bean said...

Can I just say I miss both of your faces!!!!

~Rani said...

Wow!
That's crazy! But cool pics :)

Candy Fam said...

That just looks way too cold for me. I am glad you guys made it through! :)

Rachelle said...

Wow!!! I love those ice pictures! What an amazing camera!

Funny to remember Arkansas and the ice storms that shut down the town!

Mrs. Cinnamon said...

I love the new layout!!! They pics are really cool too! You have a real knack!

LaDawna said...

I remember the ice storm that hit the winter of 2000. That was our first winter in Arkansas. I miss the friends we've made while we were there. But don't miss those kinds of storms.

Mike said...

I love the new look of the blog! the pictures are awesome and I am kinda jealous of the days off....

great photos by the way! # more months and there should be a big shift in the way our time is spent. We might be getting weekends off or be a little more avaialable all together!

Anonymous said...

I am so happy that you and Eddie made it through the ice storm without much trouble. Great pictures & love your blog! And, I think you look precious in the pink hat...wonder where you got it? Love you, Dad and Joeby

Amber said...

I love the new look :) It's great news that you were only without power for 12 hours. Everyone down here FREAKED OUT and then we just got really cold rain. The only ice I found was on our front steps.

Desiree said...

Holy Cow eddie has a big tongue. Those pics are really great. I love days when you are iced in with the man you love. Now I want to watch LOTR