Thursday, February 12, 2009

Homemade Egg McMuffins


I don't know why I love these things so much. They are just so delicious and SO easy to make. We made them on Sunday for lunch. I know, it's a breakfast type food but it sure was good for lunch. When we make them, we use whole wheat English muffins, (which we toast) then we cook up some turkey bacon, fry some eggs in the bacon grease, and slap on some American cheese. I know, it doesn't sound like the healthiest thing to eat but every so often, I think it's okay. I think the best part about this dish is the fried eggs. I always make Mr. Rochester cook the eggs because he fries them so well on both sides. If I cook the eggs, I usually end up breaking the yolks and I just love getting the egg yolk good and fried on my little breakfast sandwich. The picture really doesn't do it justice (I'm still learning)!

6 comments:

Amber said...

I love homemade egg mcmuffins! I can't fry an egg for the life of me :( They always end up getting scrambled...

Desiree said...

Mike makes these too. Very tasty. We use turkey bacon or sausage in ours. You can also freeze them.

Mama Bean said...

Are you making me one? I love love love those little artery cloggin suckers!!!

Mama Bean said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

One of my favorites!

My only difference is I like my eggs "poached" sort of. I just put them in the pan with some spray and then once they're set, I pour in some water and cover with a lid. A few minutes later, the egg white is set and then you can cook it as long as you'd like to harden the yolk.

(And if you want it ready REALLY fast, you can use toast, shredded cheese, and a piece of ham lunch meat.)

Candy Fam said...

Aria... you are so funny. I always think I need someting really cool to blog about... here you show me that you can blog about ANYTHING!!! :) They do look amazingly delicious. Thanks for the egg mcmuffing blog! :)