Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Treasure hunt

Each Christmas, Mr. Rochester and I are blessed to receive gifts from family and friends. Sometimes, those gifts come in the form of money. Usually, we end up spending this money on bills. Okay, I'll be honest, we always end up spending the money on bills and have every Christmas since we were married four years ago. This year, I was very tempted not to spend the money on bills and thought perhaps, with Mr. Rochester's consent, I would spend it on a camera that I have been coveting for quite some time now. Of course, Mr. Rochester encouraged me in my desire for the camera so a couple weeks ago we went to the local camera store to look at them. After seeing the camera and thinking of all the bills we could pay off with the money, I decided that I could live without the camera for awhile.

Mr. Rochester, however, sneakily decided that I could not live without the camera. He knows how much I have been wanting a DSLR camera but price has always been my big obstacle. I doubt I ever would have purchased the camera for myself just because...it's hard for me to buy expensive things for myself. So anyway, last week, I came home from work to find a note on the door. It was a clue to what appeared to be a treasure hunt for me. I followed all the clues throughout the house until the last clue led me to my wonderful husband who was holding my long coveted camera for me! He really surprised me and I just couldn't believe he'd purchased it for me. For the past week, I've been trying to get to know the camera better and I look forward to learning all about white balance, apertures, shutter speeds, and more!

5 comments:

Laina said...

That is so sweet of him. Lucky you. That will be fun.

Desiree said...

WOW, that is so cool. I am glad you got the camera. I am the same way it is hard to spend money on yourself. That is why we have men to do it for us.

Amber said...

How fun!! I have such a hard time buying expensive stuff for myself too. You guys are so lucky to have each other!

James and Sarah Narramore said...

That is so sweet of him! I hope you enjoy your new toy! :) Can't wait to see pictures from it.

Mrs. W said...

Oh that is so sweet! Have fun with that camera!