Thursday, December 11, 2008

The Twilight viewing

Last week Mr. Rochester took me to see the movie Twilight. I really enjoyed reading the books and was looking forward to seeing how the movie compared to the first book in the series. After seeing the commercials for the movie and hearing different reviews from friends and co-workers, I wasn't really sure if I would like the movie. Most women I know that saw the movie enjoyed it, but I thought the commercials made everything look really cheesy. Sure, books about teenage romances probably are pretty cheesy but at the time you are reading them, they don't seem that way. So, when the movie is made, the people making the movie need to be sure to remove the heavy "cheese" factor and replace it with romance minus the "cheese". Anyway, I did enjoy the movie, and it wasn't as cheesy as I thought it would be (although there were still a few cheesy parts). When I asked Mr. Rochester what he thought of the movie, he said, "It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be."

4 comments:

Desiree said...

I am glad it is not that bad. I too have been turned off by the previews. I will have to check this out.

Michelle said...

I love what Eddie said! I ended up liking it more than I thought I would...although I could've done without all the screaming girls. :)

Candy Fam said...

Amen to the screaming girls!!! I really did like it too. I made Brian watch it with me and I asked him what he thought and he just replied "eh"... that was it! :)

Erin said...

I just borrowed the first two books from a friend...now if only I would sit down and read them!