Sunday, September 14, 2008

Rainbow Chip vs. Funfetti

Why is Betty Crocker's Party Rainbow Chip cake so delicious? I'm not sure, but for some reason, this is one treat that I have a tough time resisting (especially when the cake is frosted with the party rainbow chip frosting). This is so silly too because I rarely buy cake or brownie mixes. I like to make things from scratch and I'm convinced that you should be able to make a cake as good from scratch (and BETTER) than a cake mix. Anyway, several months ago, I just craved this cake for some reason. I thought it was the same thing as Pilsbury's Funfetti cake mix and so I kept looking in the Pilsbury section for the Rainbow Chip cake and frosting (made by Betty Crocker) but I couldn't find the frosting with the right kind of sprinkles in it (because I was only searching in the Pilsbury section). The Rainbow Chip frosting already has the round, colored sprinkles in the frosting while the Pilsbury Funfetti frosting has the sprinkles in a clear, plastic container on top of the frosting container. After coming to the conclusion that the cake mix I was looking for did not exist anymore, I discussed my dilemma with a friend who corrected my wayward thinking that Rainbow Chip was made by Pilsbury. I have since happily been restored to the Rainbow Chip cake mix and have ceased purchasing the Pilsbury Funfetti cake mix...because really, Rainbow Chip is better.

4 comments:

Mama Bean said...

YEAH!!!! Thank goodness for friends that can steer us in the right direction....especially when it comes to good desserts. YUMMY!!!

Shells said...

I usually don't have cake cravings (I'm all about the icecream), but this post sure is making me hungry.

Candy Fam said...

That is so funny because this is one of my favorite cakes ever! It is so delicious. I also love the Cherry Chip with Strawberry frosting... YUM YUM!

Laina said...

My favorite. I think we talked about this once. I feel like a little kid when I eat it, but love every bite.