Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Anyone else excited?

Is anyone else excited about the new season of the Office? Although Mr. Rochester and I are thrilled to see how this next season will start, we are not exactly sure how or where we will be watching it. Because of the added expense, we have decided not to get cable. Even with a handy dandy homemade antenna, our TV only picks up about 6 or 7 stations, NBC not being one of them (4 of them are PBS stations--go figure). So we are crossing our fingers that the Office episodes will be put online again on nbc.com to watch for free. I hear that NBC and ITunes are teaming up again and you'll be able to purchase episodes of the Office on ITunes for $2 a piece. Personally, I would rather watch them (for free) online and then purchase the entire season next year when it comes out. Maybe we'll do some strategic planning here to make some friends who have cable and enjoy the Office.

Another show we really like is 30 Rock but that doesn't start again until the end of October. Tina Fey and Alec Baldwin star in the show and I think Tina Fey does a lot of the writing. It is h-i-l-a-r-i-o-u-s. Someday we will get those episodes on DVD as well.

On another note, I just thought everyone might like to know that I have a job interview tomorrow with a big corporation for a position in their giving department. With this job, I'd be able to help manage how the corporation's "extra" money is given away. I'm really excited and hope that the interview goes well. I think I could learn a lot in that type of an environment and that it would be some really good work experience. If I don't get the job, I'm sure something else will come along that suits me better. I've been keeping up the job search and have been putting in applications all over the place. When applying for jobs, I've really only been applying for jobs where I feel like I could use my master's degree--I guess I'm being a job snob but I'd really like to start some sort of a career! Currently, I'm just working a temp job at the University and it's okay for the meantime.

7 comments:

Jan said...

Oooh, good luck on the job! A giving department sounds right up your alley. And I don't blame you for wanting a career instead of a job--definitely a good goal. :)

Amber said...

Good luck with your interview :) I second Jan's assertion that wanting a career instead of a job is a good goal. You've got that Master's, now you should put it to good use.

I'd say that you could come watch The Office with us, but the cost to drive for 3 hours each way, once a week would probably be the same as just breaking down and getting cable...

Shells said...

I'm excited for the Office to start again. I can't believe I didn't start watching until last season. But now I'm hooked. Good luck with your interview. I hope you get it.

Mrs. W said...

We can't wait until the Office starts again too. We also dont have cable and are waiting for it to be put online so we can watch it that way, we are totally excited to see what happens. I hope your interview went well.

Laina said...

Good luck with the job interview. That would be such a perfect position for you.

Becki Becki Bo Becki said...

Yeah, good luck with the interview.

And, YES, we are super excited for the new season. I have to admit, however, we never watched it during the regular seasons because we were always too busy (school, baby, etc). We had only seen episodes here and there. We recently got the first three seasons from friends and watched them almost straight through (so addicting!). Now we need to binge on season four before the new season starts! Ahh. I'm excited.

Michelle said...

I hope your interview went good! They would be so lucky to have you! I want to watch the office too! It's rough not having real TV! Hey I tagged you on my blog. :)